Auto Technology Company is the world’s largest and most innovative manufacturer of corrosion test equipment. In addition to manufacturing equipment, we also have one of the largest and well equipped A2LA accredited environmental test labs focused on corrosion, spray and immersion testing. This history and experience allow us to offer a highly technical and competent proficiency testing programs.
Why your company should join a Proficiency Testing (PT) Program
- Ensure that your testing results are correct via analysis by corrosion professionals.
- If your lab is accredited to ISO 17025 for the below listed tests or test conditions, it may be a requirement to participate in a PT program.
- Repeated PT participation will ensure that your results are consistent over time.
- Access to results of other accredited laboratories for comparison.
- This program is sponsored and run by the world’s most experienced team in the corrosion manufacturing and testing industry. Our staff includes the current chairman for ASTM B117 as well as the SAE ACAP committee sponsoring SAE J2334.
- Only proficiency testing provider with A2LA accreditation.
- We offer more comprehensive corrosion proficiency tests than most other labs.
- Most cost effective price for proficiency testing.
Proficiency Testing Programs and prices
|550100||PT program for ASTM B117 Salt Spray||$165.00|
|550200||PT program for ASTM B368 CASS Test||$195.00|
|550300||PT program for GM9540P Cyclic Corrosion||$195.00|
|550400||PT program for GMW14872 Cyclic Corrosion||$195.00|
|550500||PT program for SAE J2334 Cyclic Corrosion||$195.00|
The following incentive applies if you enter and follow a plan that contains at least one test every six months: First Test: List Price. Second Test: 10% Discount. Third Test: 15% Discount. Subsequent Tests: 20% Discount.
Proficiency Testing Cert # 2563.03
The price for each program is in U.S. dollars and includes all samples required for participation.
Shipping is included on all domestic orders. International orders will require additional charges to be determined at the time of subscription.
Test packages for all programs will be shipped two business days after receipt of order. Each subscriber will receive a test package containing the test samples and procedures for the selected test(s). Auto Technology will use UPS to assure your samples arrive in a timely manner. Contact Auto Technology as soon as possible if you receive a package with damaged or otherwise suspect samples.
In order to assure confidentiality, participants will be issued a unique customer code upon receipt of their enrollment package. This customer code will be provided to the customer with the distribution of test samples.
Submission of Results
Results should be reported on the form provided with the package. Your data may be submitted via e-mail, fax or mailed (by the due date shown on the form).
Since these programs are “ongoing”, there are no specific deadlines that the data must be submitted by. The final test reports are published twice annually as listed in the sign up form (example, May and November). All data submitted 6 weeks prior to the final test report will be included in that report. Data that does not fall within that timing will be included in the next regularly scheduled final report.
A summary report for each test method is sent indicating your results along with the results of other participating labs.
Test Sign up
Select the tests in which you wish to participate. Enclose your subscription form with the appropriate fee. Pay close attention to the data/results submission date to ensure that your data is included in the final report of your choosing.
After your subscription form and fee have been processed, a confirmation of your order will be sent.
Auto Technology will send your sample package and instructions, allowing ample time to prepare the specimens and have any further questions answered. Please return your results in a timely manner.
A summary report will be sent to you after results have been tabulated.
Participation is on a prepaid basis. Auto Technology accepts major credit cards, checks, or purchase orders made out to Auto Technology Company. Payment terms are NET 30 days from invoice. Payment in advance is required via wire transfer or credit card for international customers.
All international participation is welcome, however, we cannot be responsible for samples that are not allowed or delayed entry into your country. Some countries may impose duties or taxes. It is the responsibility of the recipient to pay those charges. Shipping charges will be added to subscription fee at the time of subscription. All samples will be marked “No commercial value”.
Due to the lead-time required for preparation of samples, we ask that labs send us notification as soon as possible if they are unable to participate in programs for which they are presently enrolled.
- When feasible Auto Technology will enroll in next scheduled test/result schedule.
- Full Refund – Cancellation notice received by Auto Technology 30 days prior to the final report date.
- 80% Refund – Cancellation notice received by Auto Technology 15 days prior to the final report date.
- No Refund – Cancellation notice received after specimens have been shipped to participating lab.
Test offerings are subject to cancellations by Auto Technology if subscription levels are not sufficient. A refund will be issued to the participants of the cancelled program. (When feasible Auto Technology will enroll in next scheduled test/result schedule.)
* Note: From time to time, portions of the Proficiency Testing Program may be subcontracted out by Auto Technology Company.
We realize when you decide to pick a Corrosion partner, there are many considerations. We believe the decision comes down to simple qualifications:
- Our customers are the best and most quality based companies in the world.
- Our test equipment can be found in every major manufacturer in the US including;
- Ford ,GM, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan and Toyota, every branch of the US Military and industry leaders like Kohler, Federal Mogul, BASF, PPG, General Electric, and thousands more.
- Our products are considered the standard to which all our competitors aspire to match.
- Our calibration services, testing services, testing supplies and proficiency testing services are also enjoyed by this same customer list.
- We have more installed Corrosion Test Equipment than all our competitors combined.
Anyone can try to build a Corrosion Test Chamber. None of our competition has built their company on the impressive credentials we have. Our President’s resume is the most professionally distinguished in the industry.
- Current Chairman for the ASTM sub task group for salt fog testing – ASTM B117.
- Current Chairman for the SAE ACAP (Automotive Corrosion and Prevention) subcommittee.
- Past Chairman for the Cosmetic Corrosion subtask group for the ASP Corrosion Task Force.
- United States voting member for the corrosion specifications with ISO.
- Instructor for a Salt Fog Training Class conducted 3-6 times per year for the past 16 years.
- Authored and co-authored multiple published technical articles in SAE and international trade journals concerning the corrosion industry.
- International speaker in the areas of corrosion testing and corrosion equipment manufacturing.
Calibration Cert # 2563.01
We not only sell the industry’s highest performing salt fog equipment, we service it as well. We have our own factory trained technicians and we provided A2LA Accredited Calibrations to not just our equipment but to our competitions also. We offer Preventative Maintenance Programs allowing your staff more productive time and keeping your equipment in top condition with limited downtime.
Testing Cert # 2563.02
The Auto Technology test laboratory boasts of the largest list of equipment capabilities and test standards accreditation in the industry. Our A2LA Accredited Mechanical Testing laboratory can perform simple salt fog, humidity and CASS tests as well as the most advanced cyclic corrosion tests written. Temperature, humidity, UV, immersion and solution spray are also offered. Call for a quotation and copy of accreditation certificate.
Equipment Product Lines
Our three product lines; the Standard Chamber , MPF Muti-Purpose Fog Chamber and CCT Cyclic Corrosion Chamber, not only cover every current Corrosion specification existing; they are the ones that most of these specifications were based on. From the 65+ year old standard ASTM B117 to the most sophisticated tests in the industry-GMW14872, SAEJ2334, Honda CCT-A, Toyota CCT TSH 1555G, Ford CEPT L467, you can be confident that Auto Technology Company chambers perform and continue to perform long after the others are gone.